Monday, January 25, 2010

John 11:4

By the time Jesus learned of Lazarus sickness, Lazarus had already died (John 11:14). Yet Jesus spoke and sent a messsge to Mary saying "This sickness will not end in death. No, it is for God's glory so that God's Son may be glorified through it." (John 11:40 imples that these words were not only spoken, but sent to Mary.) The result would be a revelation of Jesus divine power and God's character, and would bless all who beheld it.

Do I look to God when one of life's trials presents itself, trusting Him to use it so that I might grow and see His glory in some new way (see also Romans 5:3, 2 Corinthians 4:17, 18; James 1:4), understanding that His working and my faith might provide a blessing to someone else, possibly even bringing one to His throne of grace (see also 2 Corinthians 2:14, Philippians 1:12, 13)? Or, forgetting about God's control over all the circumstances of my life, do I grumble and complain, wondering "why me?" Do I fail to trust Him and miss some blessing He has planned for me and others so that someone else receives it?

Lord, ever draw me to You. Forgive me for those times when I complain instead of trusting your care. Give me more faith in You, in your divine omnipotence. I want to trust you with everything and everyone in my life. Help me to look for your glory in every situation. Help me to see the lessons you have for me. Show me how and where I can use circumstances to point others to you, and give me the burning desire and boldness to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment