Friday, January 8, 2010

Psalm 53

"God looks down from heaven on the entire human race; he looks to see if anyone is truly wise, if anyone seeks God" (verse 2)

When God looks down and sees me, what does He see? Does He see a woman of prayer? Someone who comes to Him with all her cares? One who lays before Him her very life--all she does and desires? One who pleads with Him for the unsaved, the hurting, the abused, the hungry, the lonely? Or does He see a woman who comes to Him irregularly, often filling her time with activity and activities to the point where she fails to find time to share honestly with her best Friend?

Father, forgive my failure to spend time with you in prayer. It must hurt you so, and I know I certainly suffer myself. Please know that I love to share with you, to bring my burdens and my joys to you. I don't know why I let other things keep me away. I feel you close when I come close to you in prayer. Give me a greater hunger for prayer, Lord. Not only the quick, "thank you, Lord" or "help me, Lord," but the deep, friend-to-friend, child-to-Father conversations which bless us both--and others, as well. Thank you for bringing this message to me today, for caring enough to try to draw me closer. Thank you for answering my prayer. You are such an awesome God, and I love you so. Amen.

My reflections on this Psalm are a result of my devotions this morning from God's Prayer Book: The Power and Pleasure of Praying the Psalms by Ben Patterson.

No comments:

Post a Comment