Friday, January 15, 2010

Psalm 56:8

Staying in the Word is so important. I love seeing scriptures again that remind me of God's love. It's so pleasant, kind of like sifting through old photographs and finding those that bring back happy memories.

Psalm 56 was my devotion for today, and Psalm 56:8 tells me how special I am to God. He keeps track of everything that happens to me. All the hurts, the disappointments, the struggles, tbe failures, the times I felt alone, He was there and He remembers. My tears, and sometimes there were many, were so precious to Him that He kept them all--every single one--in His bottle. (He must have quite a storehouse, for He has not only mine but yours as well!)

He took those tears and with them the sting that caused them. I know He did, because sometimes I can't even remember them. I have looked back and felt that I've been so blessed, and wondered why God would give me such a life. I've felt that I had it so easy, nothing that could really be called a hardship. I've worried sometimes that I'm not doing what I should be or that I'm not worthy, so God doesn't give me what I would consider real trials. I've even shed tears about that. Then my husband has reminded me that there have been times: mother's Alzheimers and nursing home for years, father's cancer, losing them both within nine months, daughter's cancer at age 14, childrens' problems, illnesses and death of his parents, my own illness. He carried me through those times, and more, and took the tears. They're gone. All that's left are memories of His comfort and love.

How can I begin to thank you, Lord, for the amazing love you have for me? Thank you for caring enough for me to keep every tear and to write down all of my sorrows in Your book. You sustained me though those times, giving me comort, providing for my needs, and taking the hurt so that I don't feel it anymore. You love me so lavishly. Open my eyes and my heart, and use me to share Your love with others, that they might become aware of how much you love them. How I do love You, Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment